Sometimes the search for a school can carry slightly more issues than normal, and this is particularly the case if you are moving to a new area. You may be moving jobs, or moving back to the place you grow up – whatever the scenario, you are left with the task of searching for schools in a new area you may not need to be familiar with. So, how do you begin to search for schools in the area?
1. Do some research – the first place to begin to search schools in a different location is the comfort of your own home, on your computer (or tablet or phone!). If you are reading this article then chances are you have access to the internet, so start by having a good look around at what is available on a map of the local area. There may only be a couple of schools which are suitable, there may be a lot, but you can do some research into the schools, check the OFSTED ratings and get yourself a shortlist of schools from where to begin.
2. Go on visits – now you have a list of searched schools (or school!) You are considering, contact them and see firstly if they have open days or evenings, and if not see if they will show you around anyway. The chances are they will. Keep an open mind and be prepared to ask plenty of questions. It is a good idea to note your questions down before you go, to ensure that you ask the same questions at each school. This way you will end the process with a fair reflection of every school.
3. Discuss with your child – if you are going to search schools in a location other than where you live then it is a good idea to discuss the options with your child. They will have an opinion of their own, and after all they are the ones who are going to be attending on a daily basis, so you may as well try to make them happy. They can probably help you search schools and research them anyway, so try to get them involved from the beginning.
4. Visit again if needs be – if you were left with a bigger choice than you thought and have been on visits which have been useful, then do not be afraid to go and visit some of them again. You may get a different vibe second time around, you may spot things you did not spot at first, or you may be able to go on a school day as opposed to a structured open evening which is designed to show the school off.
5. Remember you can always move – finally, when you start to search schools in another area it is important to remember not to get too concerned about making the perfect choice. If you do make a bad choice, then you can always move. You are not tied in forever so do not worry about it too much. If your child comes home after a week and they are really not settling in, or likely to settle in, then be open minded and start your school search again, it was not a bad thing, you could never have known.
The search for schools is not a difficult process if managed correctly, so remember to do your research properly before you begin, visit the schools, and chat to your child about them. More than anything, do not get too worried, picking the right school first time is important but not irreversible if you get it wrong.
Source by Dan McVerry
Aluminum composite panels are made up of two flat aluminum panels held together with a nonaluminum core that functions as glue. In most cases, the nonaluminum core is made from low-density polyethylene. The panels come in different sizes but the standard size is the four millimeters panel. This panel is made up of ½ millimeter aluminum exterior and 3-millimeter core.
Advantages of the panels
There are many benefits that come with these panels. One of the advantages is that the units are inexpensive. This allows you to give your property an aluminum look at low cost. The other advantage is that the panels can be easily cut into different sizes depending on your needs.
The nonaluminum core makes the panels lie flat. This gives the final product an elegant, polished look. To make the product interesting you should consider painting or decorating it. The core increases the flexibility of the units which make it possible for them to easily go around surfaces that other materials can’t. Since the panels are made from a large percentage of aluminum you can easily recycle them once you are done with them or they have been damaged.
Applications of the panels
Due to their many great features, the aluminum composite panels can be used in different areas. One of the applications of the panels is in interior use where you use them in decorating the interior of your house. The PVDF coating on the units is durable thus you don’t have to worry about the panel fading. You can easily fold the materials to any of your desired shape using simple tools. Due to these features, you can use the panels in columns, partitions, noise-barrier walls, rail coaches, false ceilings, interior walls, escalator cladding and many other places.
The tough nature of aluminum and its fire resistant nature makes it ideal for outdoor use. You can use it in different areas such as factory buildings, petrol pumps, bus stands, shopping centers, sports stadiums, airports, vehicles, bridge cladding and many other areas. The flat polished look of the panels also makes them an ideal candidate for signage use. You can sue them for road, safety, shopping mall, commercial, office, school, factory, nameplate, and even direction signage.
Tips to consider when using aluminum composite panels
When buying the units you need to be cautious as there are some companies that are making plastic panels and pose them as aluminum. The telltale sign that the product isn’t aluminum is the low cost. If the panels that you are buying are too cheap than the standard market prices you should raise an eye. There are other products that are made from poor quality aluminum. While these products will resemble the high-quality product, they won’t give you the non-inflammability feature that is common with good quality aluminum.
Different types of panels are ideal for different applications. For the units to serve the role that you want them to, you should install the right ones. You should also ensure that they are installed by a professional.
Source by Idd Aziz
You may have watched television shows and movies in the theatre and noticed that in every single break the media is advertising some business sectors or its products. Likewise, when you watch online videos in any popular website, you can notice the same. Do you understand why people are choosing video for advertising? This is because it can reach more customers than the other ad forms.
How is video advertising possible
Anyone can advertise their products or business online by using a video ad server. It is a simple software platform that maintains three types of user accounts called advertiser, publisher and admin. The advertiser buys ad space from a publisher website and distributes the ads online. The server will monitor the ad and calculate impression, click and conversion occurred in it. And finally, it will generate periodical statistics for each published advertisement and report it to the users. The admin can manage the network and divide the income for publishers.
The ad server has required targeting features and options to place the advertisement online. It has several ad formats for video creation; the user can choose the desired format and create the ads on the same platform. Each video advertisement generates revenue for the advertiser and publisher by reaching the audience.
Types of ad format available for video advertisement
- Linear or pre roll, mid roll and post roll: It plays the ad in beginning, middle and end of the original video with the duration of 10 to 30 seconds.
- Nonlinear or Overlay: It is a combination of banner and video ads where the ad will be played when a user clicks on the image. It supports text, image and swf file types.
- Companion banner: It also has a banner and video, but the ad will be played in the player and image will be shown beside the player for redirecting the user to advertiser website.
Points to remember before video advertising
- Go easy on the budget.
- Choose a right advertising platform.
- Find the right website for ad publishing.
- Act at the right time.
- Understand your customers.
- Add innovation to your videos.
- Know your competitors.
Analyze the business goals.
- More than sixty percentage of people love watching videos online
- It reaches all kinds of customers.
- It will entertain the audience and educate them on your brand message.
- It can reach the mobile audience.
- Many users do not skip online video ads.
Online video advertising is the right choice to choose but be sure on your advertising platform and create the best advertisement to reach your customers. Many business sectors had improved their sales in video ad likewise many lost it due to poor reachability. So know your customer requirement before publishing every advertisement.
Source by Ashraf Hameeda T
Do you have the passion of teaching and spending time with young children? Then starting a day care center would be a great business idea for you. However, putting up such a business is not a walk in the park as you will have to do a lot before your business starts.
Here are a few things you need to have in mind before starting the child care center:
1. Have a license – This is very important in any kind of business. Ensure you have secured your license for the child care center. Make sure that your business is fully registered and that you know all the requirements needed for you to have your center accredited.
2. Check the regulations – Ensure that you comply with business rules and regulations of your area. Check to see whether child care center businesses are allowed to run in your zone and the rules that govern such businesses.
3. Identify your target market – Finding a target market for your business is important. You can identify working parents in your area who really need the services of such a facility. You also have to guarantee your clients that their children will get high quality services. Ensure that you are ahead of your competitors in your area in order to win over clients.
4. Choose your location – Carefully select the location of your business. Consider areas with parking lots and ease of access. The area should also be very safe and secure for kids. This will make parents feel calm even when they are away on their daily routines (parents will most likely consider how safe the area is before they start leaving their children at your center).
5. Design your programs – Make sure that your programs and services are well designed. Ensure you hire well trained staff who will take very good care of the children and who know their work very well. You can also seek endorsements for your center. Carry out a thorough market research to find out how you can secure facilities to give the best services that parents want for their kids. Find out what parents look for in a good child care center. Do your best to meet the demands of your target market. That way, you will succeed in your business.
6. The number of children – In any kind of business, it is always good to start from the bottom and work your way to the top. Do not be in a hurry to grow businesswise as this may bring you down. Ensure that you only enroll a number of kids that you and your staff can take care of well. Make sure that you have sufficient resources and facilities for your clients.
When you thoroughly research on your market and have it at your finger tips, you'll know how to deal with any unexpected occurrences. Draft your business plan early so that you can have a guide with all the details for your business. It is also essential to prepare yourself personally, for your new business.
Source by Carolyn Leis
“Blockchains are simply distributed transaction processing engines. The technology allows data to be stored in a variety of different places while tracking the relationship between different parties to that data. Most people trying to explain blockchains like to compare it to a ledger. Anytime someone makes a transaction, such as a currency changing hands or a new device being added to a network, it is recorded in the chain and anyone can track what has happened. This is why law enforcement is so keen on Bitcoin-the digital footprints are easy to trace.” Fortune tech, Stacey Higginbotham, May 29, 2015
What if we lived in a world where global access to money was available to everyone? Money can zoom around the globe at the speed of digital as a peer-to-peer decentralized and cooperative process – no top-down banking system needed. Trust relationships happen automatically via digitally signed, permission-less transactions, destroying the inevitability of poverty. Would this represent a giant step for humanity?
Such is the utopian dream of tech developers. The next generation of computer networking gears up to surround the world for the greater good. Welcome to the intended blockchain (financial) transformation of the world.
Ignore it at your own peril.
My article of May 2016, The Power Behind the Throne, discusses the mostly under-reported, yet steady advancement, towards a cashless society via blockchain technology, and my thoughts about who really benefits. It could end up as the giant leap for the banking industry, gaining omnipotent control over our financial transactions. A Bloomberg article, Inside the Secret Meeting Where Wall Street Tested Digital Cash, May 2, 2016, cited representatives from Nasdaq, Citigroup Inc., Visa Inc., Fidelity, Fiserv Inc., Pfizer Inc. and others in attendance.
Enter 2017 and the documentary produced to inspire and excite: The Blockchain and Us. Some say that 2017 will be the year this technology moves into the mainstream; others say it’s just too risky.
The infomercial-type documentary introduces “leaders” from countries around the world who extol the virtue of open source money, the grassroots, and bottom-up cultural game-changer begun by Bitcoin in 2008. Blockchain technology and its potential impact is likened to how the introduction of the airplane changed society; the structure of the financial services industry, alone, is said to transform 100% to digital within 20 years. Additionally, blockchain technology is expected to:
- Affect every industry as a “value” platform with military-grade cryptology
- Create a generational shift in technology, an opportunity capable of “lifting people out of poverty”
- Accommodate what they called, “smart” contracts
- Exert a profound shift in how the Internet could be used to create new forms of value and new ways of transacting value
- Generate more jobs due to automation
There you have it… Blockchain and Us. Yet naysayers, such as myself, cannot see the commensurate personal benefit. Surrender the paltry financial privacy we have left via cash to the Goliath banking industry? It occurs to me we may not have a choice since the “little” people appear to be the revenue units simply along for the ride.
That said, using cash and paying as you go, has obvious and maybe not so obvious benefits:
- Transaction privacy
- No bank-interest charges (overdraft, credit cards, loans, lines of credit, etc.)
- Possible 5% vendor discount upon request
- Fiscal responsibility that credit use has destroyed
- Curbing the instant-gratification mindset easy credit encourages
- More personal time when keeping up with debt means working harder/faster
I think living in a material world makes is easy to forget that the complete definition of wealth includes more than accumulation. The intangible wealth of personal wellbeing and peace of mind are priceless until they are overlooked and under-valued. Instead of the utopian dream, imagine this: We no longer make purchases we don’t need, with money we do not have to impress people who do not really care about us. If more people would make a habit of using cash, we could strengthen our own money-management skills towards building real wealth, and also send a message to those who own the gold.
Source by Susan Boskey
Blogging is a great way to share your ideas, interests, etc. However, not everyone is too keen about making that first step and getting a domain and hosting service because in reality, it's difficult to conceptualize a blog if you're just starting out. Read on to find out how to come up with blog ideas that work like magic.
1. Write about your interests. If your editorial calendar is quite ambitious, make sure to write about your interests and not some "popular" topic that you think people will read about. Your personality will stand out better if you write things that are familiar or activities and hobbies that are second-nature to you. It is also much quicker to come up with topics about things that you already know. So avoid tiresome material and go with what you love to talk about and your thoughts will certainly flow smoothly.
2. Invite guest writers. Knowing a popular writer or blogger to guest post on your blog is a great way to attract new readers to your site. Ideally, you should invite guest bloggers / writers who are authorities of your chosen topic / s. This will lend additional credibility to your blog and content. So do not hesitate to send out invitations to your potential guests. Who knows, their popularity may rub off a little and improve your blog readership.
3. Interview SOMEBODY. Interview "somebody" about a current "hot" topic, and by "somebody", I mean someone who has authority or is a major influencer who can talk about a particular issue or idea that you want people to know about.
4. Contests and coupons. Break the monotony by holding exciting contests once in a while. Readers love a good challenge and this is a great way to interact with them and get them to subscribe to your blog. Rewarding your readers is an excellent way to keep them coming back. Make sure to give away freebies or coupons that they will be interested in.
5. Recycle content . Spin, rewrite, recycle. Whatever you call the process, it is NOT bad to talk about the same topic again sometimes in the future. However, make sure to keep recycled content at a good distance from the original and write it in such a way that it is not similar to what you have previously written. Blogging platforms have tools that you can use to measure how many readers like articles / blog entries. Recycle popular content if you think that it describes another round of attention from readers.
These are five things that you can do to spice up your blog. Remember, do not overthink when looking for ways to fill up your editorial calendar. Just think of a problem that needs a solution, chances are that a number of people are looking for answers to that same problem. Your readers will find your blog relatable if you write about issues that normal people encounter on a daily basis.
Take your time when writing content and building your blog. Blogging and content creation is not a race, but it is more like a test of endurance and the best blogger is one who ends up writing and updating the longest.
Source by Karen P Gabato
An advanced and improved enterprise content management system (CMS) helps in streamlining the process of document management within an organisation. Whether you are talking about capturing, managing, accessing, integrating, measuring or storing information, an ECM proves to be of much help to you. Be it your company web or mobile site, a feature-rich and scalable content management system can help you manage your online content very easily. Remember that the most effective way to communicate with your clients nowadays, is through your mobile or website. So, enterprise CMS solution is important to store and update all valuable content in an organised manner.
Having an enterprise content management strategy for effective storage, distribution and management of content, is crucial. Given below are some of the benefits of using an enterprise CMS for effective management of data in your organisation:
• Management and collaboration: The main goal for installing an ECM is to manage a company’s documents properly. And the best part about using an ECM is that you can search important documents by simply typing in the keywords. This way it becomes much easier for you to choose files instead of spending time searching for files in folders, endlessly. Moreover, every organisation needs a system wherein there is no need to track each document individually. The best ECM solutions ease up this process by offering facilities that lets you create a designated route for documents which needs approval and review by an appropriate personnel. There are ECM systems which are synced with Microsoft Office and can also send alerts as to which individual needs to check a document and which document needs editing.
• Streamlines scheduling: An effective ECM provides you with all the details about a content status, that is, whether a piece of content has been published, reviewed, organized or is in draft. This makes it easy for you to understand as to what to update and what not to.
• Comes with permissions and protocols: A great enterprise content management system comes with various types of publishing permissions and protocols. This helps in securing and protecting data from unauthorized sources. After all, it is essential to protect critical company documents from hacks. Therefore, it is essential that access to documents is given to only specific employees. Some of the ECM systems also offer auditing options. This allows you to see specific activities such as who has viewed a particular document, when was it viewed, who has shared which document with whom, and more.
• Enables easy upgrades: A good content management system can help you maintain a site very well. In addition, even if you need to update the CMS software or add features or tools, you can simply go to the CMS, which has a common architecture, and just make the necessary changes, as required. Without a structured content management system, that would mean going through hundreds of individual pages and making changes, which is a lot of work.
All in all, a good enterprise CMS is of huge importance for any business website. Moreover, since businesses are focusing on enterprise mobility, an advanced and scalable ECM is even more required in order to manage documents across various devices and platforms.
Source by John Murphy
Photocopiers are machines used to make copies of documents. Machines for use at home are designed for small-scale copying needs, while business ones are designed for large scale copying of documents.
Photocopiers are extremely useful machines which people regularly use in the course of their working lives. With technological advancement, these machines have evolved and can now perform a number of functions apart from simple copying documents. Colour photocopiers are very popular with businesses that regularly require coloured documents. Here are some of the important advantages that photocopiers offer to its users:
Convenience– A photocopier offers a fast and easy way of getting single or multiple copies of documents. It is very convenient to use and does not require any technical expertise. The operator of this machine just has to feed in the document, turn on the machine and push a button. The machine will automatically produce the specified number of copies. The user can also specify the size of the copy. You can copy documents bigger or smaller in size than the original document. Having this machine at home or office also offers you the convenience of copying the documents any time you want. If you are working late at night when no copy service shops will be opened, you will not have to wait till the next morning to get documents copied.
Cheap and Quick– The basic advantage of a photocopier is to make copies of documents quickly and cheaply. You can easily reproduce a document as many times as you wish.
Improves Functionality– These machines have increased the functionality of many businesses. They improve the functionality and efficiency of the employees. Investing in a multi function photocopier will make your office work smooth and avoid delays in handling office paperwork.
Both Side Printing– This machine can copy both sides of the document. The option to print a two-sided copy speed up the printing process. This also proves to be economical as it reduces the amount of paper needed per copy.
Digital Photocopiers– These combine a scanner and laser printer, improving the quality of the photocopied image. With these, you don’t have to buy separate machines to perform different functions. This can also free up space in the workplace as you don’t need a space to store multiple machines. Digital machines are your one stop shop for a number of business needs.
There are many companies that manufacture photocopiers. You should buy one manufactured by a reputed and trustworthy company. Check online reviews and ratings before buying.
Source by Richa Khandel
If you’ve seen the albums on decorating and landscaping sites, you know how much a walkway or a canopy can bring together your backyard. Luckily, many of these home and gardening staples are easy to do yourself. If you have a shovel, a hammer, a saw, and an afternoon, you can finish one of these projects.
Having a paved walkway from your back door to your patio brings a certain elegance to your backyard. With the advent of pavers, you don’t have to ruin your back placing and leveling hundreds of bricks in order to make this dream a reality. Depending on how long you want the walkway, you might only need a few pavers to complete the project. You can choose from several different interesting stone varieties to bring visual interest to your space.
A canopy is a great way to bring some shade, keeping your family or guests cool during the summer months. Canopies can range from intricate architectural pieces to simple canvas-and-pole designs. For the latter example, four poles or beams driven into the ground and a piece of thick, water-resistant canvas are all you need. You can attach the canvas to the poles using a hammer and nails, or you can peruse your local hardware store for rings, tacks, or ties to create a unique hanger.
If nothing says relaxation like a nice drink with friends around an open fire, then a fire pit is the perfect addition to the patio. After you choose the spot in your yard for the pit, dig a hole about two feet deep, three or four feet wide, and as round as you can make it. You can use bricks or stones to line the hole, creating a fireproof barrier. Offset another layer of brick or stone around the rim of the pit for extra fire protection and a ledge. Use extra dirt to pack in any cracks in the bricks or between the bricks and the edge of the hole. Fill with your favorite kindling and light. Marshmallows are optional.
Plant Bed Landscaping
If you already have some plants lining your patio or in your front yard, a little bit of landscaping will greatly enhance the natural beauty of the plants as well as add an attractive design element to your home. Depending on the types of plants that you have, you might want to consider adding rocks or wood chips to the plant beds. Bedding like this will help with plant drainage and prevent birds from attacking plant root systems. Lining the bed with larger rocks, pavers, or bricks in a contrasting color will complete the finished look of the bed.
When it comes to DIY projects, simplicity is key. These projects should be relatively easy to complete and take no more than an afternoon to prepare. They’ll enhance your backyard or patio for family and friends and ultimately increase the value of your home.
Source by Ace Abbey
One of the most outstanding figures in the history of medicine was the Greek physician Hippocrates. He sums up the importance of optimal nutrition choices in one line:
"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food"
With winter upon us, now is a great time to focus on increasing the number of positive choices when it comes to nourishing our bodies with great nutrition.
Here are my top 5 tips for optimal nutrition:
1. Base your nutritional regime around whole foods
Think nuts, seeds, grains, fruits, vegetables, pulses and meat. Make choices in these food groups that are as close to the original food as possible. This helps ensure the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients (the things that nourish you) are still intact. Eg raw almonds instead of roasted and / or salted ones!
2. Choose organic
Organic farming places the utmost importance on caring for the soil because it forms the basis for health, for all life forms. Healthy soil encourages healthy, disease resistant plants, which then transfers to the animals and people who consume those plants. By choosing organic, you are opting for food that has been grown without the use of synthetic pesticides and without the routine use of antibiotics.
3. Drink water
Your body can survive a surprisingly long time without food but it will not last more than a few days without water. Optimal hydration is critical to ensure our muscles and nerves function properly, and even mild dehydration can lead to feelings of lethargy. How much to drink? The answer is quite simple – drink until your wee is clear or almost clear. What an easy way to measure whether you're getting enough!
4. Take time to plan and prepare for eating well
It takes time and preparation to change your habits. Schedule out time to write shopping lists, shop for food and prepare meals. Plan to eat before you shop to minimize the chance of giving in to temptation foods – or shop online to minimize even further. Make bulk meals to freeze for busy nights and set away time to prepare a packed lunch the night before. Keep useful kitchen items in easy to reach places – for example, put the blender on the bench rather than in the cupboard so that healthy smoothie preparation is quick and easy.
5. Change only one small thing at a time
You may feel overwhelmed by wondering where to start improving your nutrition. Do not. Just start. Make one small, achievable change and once that becomes a habit (something you can do without a major effort), then focus on something else. Small changes are the key to success. For example, instead of saying "I'm only going to eat whole foods from now on and forever", instead make your target more realistic such as "I'm going to increase to eat at least 4 different vegetables per day on at least 5 days every week ".
Source by Elly McGuinness