For many years Boris Johnson has been advocating for an Australian style Immigration system for the UK. This system is designed to allocate points to tightly control the numbers of migrants entering the UK.
During this time Boris has been in the press and has written articles which have all fairly hinted at how this points-based system would work. Now Mr. Johnson is a senior member of the Cabinet, as the Foreign Secretary he will have a great deal of influence and will be part of the decision-making team who will be tasked with determining how the new UK immigration system will work. We have decided to have a little fun with imagining what could possibly be. So for fun only we believe Boris Johnson's new points-based immigration system could work like this.
After analyzing his previous remarks and in keeping with Mr. Johnson's own writing on the subject we have pieced together how points will be awarded under the new scheme. We have also taken into account his reputation for being a ladies man!
It comes as no surprise that the Australian PM has warmly blessed. Johnson's appointment as he will no doubt see this as an excellent showcase for Australian immigration control and how their points system works effectively.
Let us provide a little background to the Australian points-based system. Points are awarded as follows:
- Age – Up to 45 years old a person receives points for age
- Qualification – The higher the qualification the more points awarded
- Experience – over 8 years experience bring maximum points in this section
- Family links – additional points can be awarded
- Languages - English brings the greatest number of points while a second language can also add points
- Profession – A person's skills must be in demand at a State and or federal level
To qualify to submit an application a person must secure 60 points as a minimum.
We have compared the Australian points criteria to those we imagine Boris Johnson would like to award points, to enable a person to enter the UK:
- Age 18-35 – maximum points and single
- 36-24-36 are the maximum points Boris will be awarding for presentation
- Profession – up to 20 Points are awarded if you are too rich to work
- 10 Bonus points are awarded for anyone who can navigate central London on a push bike and stay alive
- Final 50 points are made for anyone who likes Michael Gove
To qualify all you really need is 36-24-36.
While we joke about this we are either for nor against the big Mr. J but just having fun with what could soon be a reality for us all. The Australian immigration points based System does work very well for Australia.
Source by Alex Jones