Blogging is a great way to share your ideas, interests, etc. However, not everyone is too keen about making that first step and getting a domain and hosting service because in reality, it's difficult to conceptualize a blog if you're just starting out. Read on to find out how to come up with blog ideas that work like magic.
1. Write about your interests. If your editorial calendar is quite ambitious, make sure to write about your interests and not some "popular" topic that you think people will read about. Your personality will stand out better if you write things that are familiar or activities and hobbies that are second-nature to you. It is also much quicker to come up with topics about things that you already know. So avoid tiresome material and go with what you love to talk about and your thoughts will certainly flow smoothly.
2. Invite guest writers. Knowing a popular writer or blogger to guest post on your blog is a great way to attract new readers to your site. Ideally, you should invite guest bloggers / writers who are authorities of your chosen topic / s. This will lend additional credibility to your blog and content. So do not hesitate to send out invitations to your potential guests. Who knows, their popularity may rub off a little and improve your blog readership.
3. Interview SOMEBODY. Interview "somebody" about a current "hot" topic, and by "somebody", I mean someone who has authority or is a major influencer who can talk about a particular issue or idea that you want people to know about.
4. Contests and coupons. Break the monotony by holding exciting contests once in a while. Readers love a good challenge and this is a great way to interact with them and get them to subscribe to your blog. Rewarding your readers is an excellent way to keep them coming back. Make sure to give away freebies or coupons that they will be interested in.
5. Recycle content . Spin, rewrite, recycle. Whatever you call the process, it is NOT bad to talk about the same topic again sometimes in the future. However, make sure to keep recycled content at a good distance from the original and write it in such a way that it is not similar to what you have previously written. Blogging platforms have tools that you can use to measure how many readers like articles / blog entries. Recycle popular content if you think that it describes another round of attention from readers.
These are five things that you can do to spice up your blog. Remember, do not overthink when looking for ways to fill up your editorial calendar. Just think of a problem that needs a solution, chances are that a number of people are looking for answers to that same problem. Your readers will find your blog relatable if you write about issues that normal people encounter on a daily basis.
Take your time when writing content and building your blog. Blogging and content creation is not a race, but it is more like a test of endurance and the best blogger is one who ends up writing and updating the longest.
Source by Karen P Gabato